caress me down??......

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Irie01, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    I play a lot of reggae abd I have heard a lot of very digitally synthesized sounding effects before, especially in the modern dancehall. I was wondering what Eric of Sublime was using in the sing Caress Me Down off of their self-titled album. I have heard that same sound in other of their recordings and I would like to know what is used and how it operates.Please let me know if anyone can give me some info.Peace.......
  2. ummm he uses a bass... i am pretty sure that is about it...

unless hes using the keyboard on that song... he did that once in a while but im pretty sure that caress me down is just aaaalllll bass.
  3. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I agree, all bass on that song. I think it sounds wierd because his tone is so bassy.
  4. Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    yeah..u guys are definetly right it is the tone that made it sound that way to me.Thanx
  5. that song has such a recognizable bassline, yet it's so simple! i love tunes like that.
  6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i'm pretty sure he uses a ton of effects actually. His setup is posted on guitar geek i think and he uses sum pretty strange stuff. Check it out i could be wrong but thats how i remeber it.
  7. Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    the only thing other than clean bass is a SH101 synth.... but that's separate... he doesn't use effects on the bass