Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slimjazz, Jul 6, 2005.

1. slimjazz

Jul 2, 2005

I have been lookin on gettin a compressor pedal to replace my previous one. I know everyone one has there own opinion on different compressor pedals, but what is your take on the Carl Martin Comressor/Limiter pedal for bass. I've good things about it, can anyone help? Also, what is your opinion on the Aphex Punch Factory. thanks
  2. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I use the Carl Martin unit and I cannot recommend it highly enough. When guitar player reviewed it a year or two ago, they said it was the best compressor ever put into a pedal. Since then, of course, Demeter came out with the Compulator, and EBS rolled out the multicomp. Those are both fine brands, but each pedal also only has two controls--the Carl Martin gives you much more flexibility.

The down side is you need to learn how to tweak the unit. I personally think it's worth it. I don't know anything about the Punch Factory, save that it is an optical compressor that *most* people seem to find satisfactory. I have yet to hear anyone ever dis the Carl Martin compressor.

May you need a compressor, maybe you don't. But if you absolutely need one, you can't go wrong with the Carl Martin.