Carl martin COmpressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MODNY, Apr 25, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    has anyone ever used these on bass?

i'm really looking to even out my slap tone on my wt-600
  2. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I was doing a search just today on both this and the Black Finger. People said nice things, and it has a host of adjustments, which is what I'm looking for. I want something that DOES color your tone and adds punch. You can adjust attack and release, as well as threshold and ratio. Quite nice if it does it well. I was wary of Black Finger quality issues people brought up, but people said that also sounded very nice. But I don't have any first hand experience. Sorry.

Sound Samples:

I haven't heard them myself. No speakers at work. :bawl:
  3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

i have a line on one, but i just dont know if it wooud be worth it...or whether a rackmountable style one would be best
  4. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Threshold, Compression and Gain are obvious. Response is a combination Attack/Release control.

I like this compressor. I like it a lot. I was able to dial in smoothing, thickening or extreme punchy limiting very easily. Set with unity gain, there was absolutely no tonal difference between the compressor on, off, or completely out of the signal chain.

Even with extreme compression, the box was completely quiet.

One thing to note: It has an attatched 110V AC power cord. Good? Bad? Whatever.

Bottom line, it's a quality rack compressor in a stomp box.
  5. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    so u dig the carl martin compressor? and reccomend getting one??
  6. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

i ended up ordering a DBX 266XL
  7. Cosmic Boy

Cosmic Boy

Apr 25, 2005
    I also own one and agree 100%.

It's dead quiet and has more headroom than you will ever need. It has no coloration of its own, it just gets the job done without bells and whistles.

I originally bought it because I wanted a quality compressor small enough to fit in my gigbag. That's the only pedal I use, so I really dig the built-in power supply.