SOLD Carl S Custom 5 Flame Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by justincase93, May 17, 2017.

1. justincase93

justincase93

Oct 25, 2011
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is an amazing bass made down here around New Orleans. The builder is Carl Smith.
    The specs are:
    34in scale
    19mm spacing
    Spalted ash body
    Thick two piece highly flamed maple top w/black accent line. Matching headstock veneer
    Five piece neck with maple, purpleheart, and wenge
    Wenge cavity cover
    Pau Ferro fretboard with O inlays
    Bone nut and black Hipshot hardware.
    Matching wood knobs
    Aguilar DCB pickups and Audere classic 3band preamp
    High gloss finish.

This is a very high quality bass in terms of both sound and playability. Right up there with the other boutique brands. Cost approximately $3k to be made.
    For trades, Im really looking for a 5 string jazz. Preferably Sadowsky. But I will entertain any offer! rqhpbbndaunepenoz0bb.jpg
    If you have any questions, please feel free to message!

Attached Files:

JOME77 likes this.
  2. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    I'm offering a testimony here to help the seller.

Carl Smith builds SERIOUSLY good basses - I know because I used to own one and I'm forever begging my friend to buy it back! The build quality and tonal capabilities are amazing, but most importantly, probably the nicest neck I've ever played on. I'm an idiot to have sold it. You won't regret buying this bass. GLWTS.

justincase93 likes this.
  3. RCEdwards

RCEdwards Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Hi,

I have a rare Ibanez Affirma AF105 that I would trade you. It is listed here on TB with some pictures. I can provide more if you want. I would be willing to pay all the shipping and maybe a little extra cash on top.

justincase93 likes this.
  4. justincase93

justincase93

Oct 25, 2011
    PM'ed you!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021