Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carl Thompson bass on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fishoutofwater, Oct 28, 2003.

1. I just came to post about that. The 6 string on there sounds reasonable for the bass, but the 4 string? $700 100? Seems a bit high. I see that it is a bid and that the bass started at 1300, so I assume someone is screwing around.

Geoff

2. it just went up $500,000 in like, 5 minutes I would hate to pay the ebay comission on that one!:eek: :confused: has to be a joke

3. This is a sad joke, it just went up to 800,500.00 yeah right!

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The auction might be a scam / the bass might be stolen - I've seen people bid up things like that so that they make sure that no one can win it.

Also noticed the 6 - nice looking. Reserve not met at around $4k last night.

5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I saw the exact same bass on e-bay a few weeks ago for $3,500. It was sold to some guy in the US. The scammer didn't even bother to change the description.

6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    is it even a carl thompson? rather drab if you ask me... looks like wishnesky took some inititative! :eek: but then again, the only ones i'm familiar with are the ones that i've seen les claypool playing... and i'm not the biggest fan of him either. :meh:

7. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    It is a scam, look under completed items and you will see the actual bass.

I am and will be the high bidder on the bass until ebay pulls the auction to protect anyone from the scam.

I have notified ebay, as has the person that bought the bass last week that now owns it.

Darrin

8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    so i take it it is actually a real CT?! eww! :spit:

9. Good man Darrin!

[​IMG]
    Treena

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

New seller, just registed three days ago, zero feedback? If anyone did buy it and got ripped off, it would have been their own fault.

Good move, Darrin.:cool: