Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carl Thompson bass on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I was just searching around and i came upon this. Seems like it would go for a little more (3,775$), perhaps the owner dosn't realize what they have on their hands here. Take a look, sure is a beauty.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    How much is it on Ebay?

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Its at $6000 with no bids.

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    $3,775 (sorry the way i wrote that didn't sound right)

I'm pretty sure it could go for a lot more

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That's alright, I would rather have Carl build something specifically for me for that amount; plus, four string's used to start at 3500 according to the CT site. I honestly would probably like a 4 over a 5.

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
  7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You probably are. Mr. Thompson LOVES putting huge friggin scales on his basses.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That is almost uprightish. Way to long for me, I believe playing, For Whom the bell tolls or Precious and Grace would kill me. :eek:

9. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Ooh... pretty bass... Isn't CT the guy who built the $1,000,000 bass?

10. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Yes, although the '$1,000,000 bass' was just its nickname.

11. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I'm Pretty Sure it says 38"
    And also, what you said is right. Lots of people start their auctions really low, and even with no reserve they will keep going up and up and usually they end in a massive bidding war right at the last second. I've seen some people put expensive Bass Heads on the bay with a starting price of ten dollars or so, and then in seven days, they usually get raised to 8 or 9 hundred dollars. People see the really low starting price and think wow, I have to bid. But then they realise that the price is already up to a few hundred bucks, but they bid anyway thinking they're still getting a good deal.

12. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    there were 2 CT's at the guitar center in indy about a month ago. I went back there and theres still one i think for 2500. I played them both. Both immaculate attention to detail, hated both of them. Maybe i like things a little more basic but i thought they played badly, too low of action. Cool basses to say ive played though.