Carl Thompson Five-String For Sale!!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Skerik1, May 14, 2003.

1. Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    The Christmas Bass

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your chance to own one of the extremely beautiful and unique instruments Carl has made. This 38" scale, 5-string fretless beauty is serial #122597, Christmas day of 1997. This incredible instrument features a Canary wood top, Padauk center stripe, Curly Bubinga back, Walnut core, Bubinga fretboard and Cocabola bridge and tailpiece. The single EMG pickup (with Sadowski electronics) is covered with a wood veneer. According to the owner, this bass has "the deepest B string I have ever heard, most bass amps freak out from it."

Asking price $5000.

Contact Aaron Beharelle to purchase:

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Oh good lord.....

3. i heard carl stopped making basses a while ago... he might have reconsidered his retirement but if not this might be a rare chance to pick up a rare ct
  4. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    No, I believe he is still making basses, though not too many in a year, so basses made by him really are quite rare.
  5. Wow... Carl's work never ceases to amaze me.
  6. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I think Carl creates basses for Les Claypool now.

They really are a work of art.

7. 5K isn't too bad for a carl thompson, I thought it was going to cost much more. A Fodera Imperial Elite 5, Matt Garrison Model, Anthony Jackson Model, Alembic Series 1 costs around $5000.

So I don't think $5000 is too outrageous for a Carl Thompson, considering what it takes to get a Carl Thompson(mainly waiting list).
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i was told by a dood i met at Rudy's music, that Carl currently resides in Brooklyn, NYC!!!

sheesh, and i thought we were spoiled enough with joey, vinnie, roger, alex, and nick?? ;)