1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carl Thompson Semi-Frills 4 String - Date Stamped 4-17-10!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by asg618, May 8, 2010.

1. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    I purchased this CT beauty just a few weeks ago from The Low End. She's a semi-frills, with an absolutely gorgeous ebony headstock (front and rear cap), beautiful ebony fingerboard, and ebony pickup cover. She's a pretty basic CT setup: 36" scale, 1 volume, 1 tone, one 3-way mini-toggle. She is super lightweight, slim and easy playin' as they all are. I love CT and Hilton basses, and have had my share. I nabbed this one as soon as it went up for sale and she's every bit the player she looks.

But I've got some big money invested in a couple of Ritter basses right now and I can use the money to help fund those. As this bass is practically new out of the shoot (the date stamp on the back of the headstock is 4-17-10!), I hope to sell her quick and for a decent return.

There are absolutely no dings, blemishes, or issues with this bass in any way - she is as perfect as she was when I received her from Brian at The Low End just a couple of weeks ago. Never gigged - just played by me for a few hours in my smoke-free basement studio.

If you've ever wanted a new (or like new) Carl Thompson Bass, without the long wait of building out a custom, this is your chance!

ASKING: $3,200.00 shipped and insured via UPS Ground to anywhere in the CONUS. Please check my feedback here and on eBay (under user name asg618). I promise a prompt, safe, and courteous transaction. PAYPAL is ok. Check or money order is of course even better.

Ask any questions right here in this thread or just PM me. I typically get back within a few hours during normal business hours.

More pix to follow!

Attached Files:

001.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
      002.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  2. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    More pix!

Attached Files:

003.jpg
      File size:
      33.2 KB
      Views:
      004.jpg
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
  3. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Couple more ...

Attached Files:

006.jpg
      File size:
      71.8 KB
      Views:
      005.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
  4. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    And these ...

Attached Files:

009.jpg
      File size:
      60.1 KB
      Views:
      008.jpg
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
  5. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    And these'll just about do it ... the Levy's CT Bass Gig Bag is included, along with an extra set of CT strings.

Attached Files:

010.jpg
      File size:
      55.8 KB
      Views:
      011.jpg
      File size:
      41.5 KB
      Views:
  6. No hopes of buying here, but what're the body & neck made of?

7. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    I'm not 100%, but I believe they are both mahogany.

8. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Mother's Day Bump - go ahead, make your Mom's day! What more could any mom want? The heck with flowers ... a beautiful CT bass would make any momma happy! My mom's already got 2, otherwise she'd be slappin' this bass right now!

Cheers, and thanks for looking!

9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    bump for an amazing bass

10. Daughter wishes this was a fretless...bump for a great bass !!!:bassist:

11. If only my Hilton would sell, I'd send you the money in an instant.

12. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    Folks, this bass has SOLD, pending payment. Fastest selling bass I've ever listed here on TalkBass.

Aside from being amazing instruments, CT Basses are just terrific investments. They really hold their value well and are always in demand. They're just terrific!

Thanks to all who looked and contacted me, and for the free bumps from my CT/Hilton friends!