Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carl Thompson up for grabs!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stevious G, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3757022845

You just don't see these very often. S'probably gonna be worth a lot in a bit, too, as Carl Thompson is gonna retire at the end of the year. He makes some reallllll crazy stuff...

And no, I'm not the dude selling it. If I had one, I'd never let it go! But as I don'have the cash, I though I'd post it somewhere where It'd likely go to a good home.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    it was posted here by the owner already... D. Huff http://dhuffguitars.com/

personally I'd rather have one of Darrin's basses then the one he's selling.

3. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I did? I don't think that I did........

Thanks for the kind words James!

Yeah as much as it is nice owning a Carl I really need the money for the new shop I am building more than the bass.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hmmm... maybe it was alt.guitars.bass ...thought I read it here.

Eitherway, I prefer the look of yours to Carls... much like I prefer SRV to Jimi :bassist:

5. right on brother :D

but that is one niiiiiicccccceeee ct

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's an awesome-looking Thompson. There are very few Thompsons that I find even remotely attractive, but that one's the cat's pajamas. Good luck setting up your new shop, Darrin.

7. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I did a search before I posted it. I didn't come up with anything.

But yeah, it is a really hot bass. I hope someone worthy gets it, and actually plays it! I hate to see stuff like that just hangin'on a wall.