Carl Thompson up for grabs!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stevious G, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003

You just don't see these very often. S'probably gonna be worth a lot in a bit, too, as Carl Thompson is gonna retire at the end of the year. He makes some reallllll crazy stuff...

And no, I'm not the dude selling it. If I had one, I'd never let it go! But as I don'have the cash, I though I'd post it somewhere where It'd likely go to a good home.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    it was posted here by the owner already... D. Huff

personally I'd rather have one of Darrin's basses then the one he's selling.
  3. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    I did? I don't think that I did........

Thanks for the kind words James!

Yeah as much as it is nice owning a Carl I really need the money for the new shop I am building more than the bass.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hmmm... maybe it was ...thought I read it here.

Eitherway, I prefer the look of yours to Carls... much like I prefer SRV to Jimi :bassist:
  5. right on brother :D

but that is one niiiiiicccccceeee ct
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    That's an awesome-looking Thompson. There are very few Thompsons that I find even remotely attractive, but that one's the cat's pajamas. Good luck setting up your new shop, Darrin.
  7. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I did a search before I posted it. I didn't come up with anything.

But yeah, it is a really hot bass. I hope someone worthy gets it, and actually plays it! I hate to see stuff like that just hangin'on a wall.