Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carl Thompson

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Jul 17, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    so we had recording practice tonight, and my E string broke. no spares, so i head up to the studio, see the engineer on his way to the practice studio, and turn around and follow him back. get his keys, he says the only thing he has at the studio right now is his carl thompson, so why dont i go ahead and grab thatf or the rest of practice, and then keep it for a few weeks to mess around with. how sweet is that? ive got a carl thompson now:)

2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    we must see pics of it!!!

what is the serial number, so I can also know what year it is.

Thanks
    Darrin

3. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    please post pictures if you can.

thanks
    craig

4. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    sorry guys, i have no way to post any...but i can tell you this much...its carls first attempt at a wooden bridge, and i can get you the serial number later this afternoon, im on breeak right now. i know the top is flame maple, i havent looked too closely at the back yet

5. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    First attempt at a wooden bridge? Is it one of his first? Almost every 6 string has a wooden bridge.

6. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    He pretty much did wooden bridges from the beginning (1974), there have been a few different styles.

I would love to know the serial number to date it.

7. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    hes been doing wooden bridges for that long? im just under the wrong impression then, my apologies. serial number is 2 5 95. im looking at ctbasses.com right now to see if i can find anything on it. most likely not, but you never know. if any of you guys know anything about it from the serial, let me, know. thanks!

8. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    as I posted on the carl site, it was finished on Carls birthday, and I made an offer for you about taking pics for the site on his site also.

Thanks,
    Darrin

9. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    Darrin, can you PM your info? ill get a disposable and send it out to you as soon as i can.

10. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    Thank you, check your box
    Darrin

11. So how does the bass sound?

12. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    good:D

13. thanks for the informative response. :rolleyes: :D

14. Joel, are you saying you went from a Squier to a Carl Thompson?:eek:

15. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i wish! im just borrowing it til i leave for san diego, which is the 29th. hes not using it that much right now, so he said he go ahead and use it til i leave. nice man, he is:) i actually really like my squier, and ill probably never get rid of it.