Carles Benavent

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Davehenning, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Anybody know of any recent recordings by him?
  2. mike mcd

mike mcd

Dec 11, 2002
    Carlos is a great and underappreciated bassist. Do you have his release from a few years ago, "Fenix"?
  3. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I have not heard of that recording. I will have to look for it.

The only one I have of him playing is a track he did on a Jaco tribute a few years back. Really cool sounding.

I know he did alot of stuff in the 70's, but I am more interested in his latest stuff.
  4. mike mcd

mike mcd

Dec 11, 2002
    He is probably most famous for his work with Paco De Lucia, and I highly recommend these recordings to any bassist. Solo Quiero Caminar or Live in America really show off his unique style. Fenix is his only solo release that I know of, but you will have to buy the import from Spain which cost my friend $30.00 I think. Personally I think you should buy the Paco recordings with Carlos. Paco is one of the masters of flamenco guitar, and with Carlos on bass you can't go wrong.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I just got that. It's pretty amazing. The last two tunes are previously unreleased Jaco compositions.

Also, check out his work with Jorge Pardo.
  6. Also recomended: "Zyriab" with Paco de Lucia and of course: Chick Corea's "Rhumba Flamenco"
  7. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I just picked up Chick's latest ..."The Ultimate Adventure" and I like
    CB's playing very much.. not too flashy but cool in the right places... his tone is also very nice on that Drozd.
  8. rontalsaurus

Aug 19, 2002
    I just got Ultimate Adventure as well. His playing is pretty unique. From what I've heard so far there is definitely a reason why Chick has chosen him!
    His tone is pretty unique as well. i can't say I love it, but it's cool nonetheless.

I'm gonna checkout one of the Paco de Lucia recordings with him.
  9. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I just realized that he is using a pick !
  10. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK