Carlo Robelli acoustic bas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I must pay homage to my Carlo Robelli acoustic bass. I just wrote something about it in another forum and felt the sudden urge to tell the world.

This bass, the Carlo Robelli SB100E, is in my opinion, the hands down absolute best bargain a bass player can buy. I got it for free (a friend actually won it for me), but the tag on it said $150.00. It was a floor model reguarly going for $199.00.

I am not a fan of Carlo Robelli. In fact, I wouldn't consider for one second purchasing any of their electric basses, but I feel truly blessed to have had this one come my way. I've played lots of acoustic basses, and always felt they were fairly useless. They never had much volume, sounded pretty lousy, and felt worse. This thing feels great, has near perfect intonation, great action, and is louder and clearer than almost any other bass of it's kind I've played. It's got 4 band EQ, the tuning pegs blow away the pieces of junk on my Precision Deluxe (I resent my Fender tuning heads), and to top it all off - I think it looks great.

Nuff said. The world now knows.