Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carlo robelli fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blakec3686, Apr 20, 2001.

1. blakec3686

blakec3686

Dec 14, 2000
    hey
    my last thread was a big help i was the one who wanted to know about the explorer bass. know i need some more im looking for a fretless and i found a brand called carlo robelli for pretty cheap the people ive talked to say there ok but i want your opinion thanks
    Blake

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Welcome to the TalkBass, Blake.

I'm gonna move this thread to Basses, where the members will comment on your bass of choice with much candor.

Will C.:cool:

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I tried one of these over the weekend. Sounded really good and responded well to vibrato. The small body is a plus. Output, imo, was a little low. (maybe I'm too used to active basses.) For a first or occassional fretless, you could do a lot worse.

4. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    i own a carlo robelli 26 fret bass (fretted) and for the price and also compared to others i feel it is a damn good deal. i have played the fretless version at sam ash like 10 times and it was just as good. ive had mine for 6 months and it still hasnt given any problem big or small. i think the fretless is a must for any skill level.

also does anyone know where there website is? or if a bigger company actually makes them? thanks

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I haven't heard any long term reports on the Robelli fretlesses but the ones I've played were killer, especially for under $300.

As far as low output goes, turn up the amp;)

6. blakec3686

blakec3686

Dec 14, 2000
    samash.com is selling the carlo robelli models there pretty cool as for thier own website i dont know

7. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    I'm pretty sure Robelli is a Sam Ash house brand... (like Craftsman tools at Sears) I'd be surprised to hear you can get 'em anywhere else, or that they are an independent company.

In any event, the word on these fretlesses is that you gotta make sure the one you get is in good shape, because there are good ones and bad ones. But I sure dug the one I played...