Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carlo robelli

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by z4knerd, Dec 21, 2004.

1. z4knerd

z4knerd

Jul 1, 2004
    i did some searches on carlo robelli basses and didnt find alot of good opinions of this instrument - but i recently picked up a 4 string fretless carlo robelli thats all black i think the fretboard is ebony bc its black but i could be wrong, and i have no complaints.

what are your experiences with carlo robelli basses?

2. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    My opinion of them went down the toilet a number of years ago when I was checking out some basses in a Sam Ash (in Huntington NY) when all of a sudden, the head stock snapped off a Robelli just sitting there in a stand. It scared the SH*T out of me and the sales people. It seemed the glue holding the head stock to the neck was not too good! It broke right on the glue line.

A good piece of advice, make sure your fans have insurance when they see you, someone could get impaled by a flying head stock!

3. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I've fooled around with several of the Robelli basses and I didn't particularly care for them. They felt (IMHO) kinda cheap and none of the necks were in tune (I'm always leary when the store demo bass has neck that is badly out of line).

Not my cup o' tea .... maybe others will feel quite different.