1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carlo Robelli

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zirc, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I helped a friend who wanted to start playing bass out today. I met him at SamAsh and helped him pick out his first bass. He picked out a blue carlo robelli (1 P pickup and 1 J pickup) mainly for the price ($159 I think), but once he plugged it in, I didn't think it sounded too bad for a beginner bass. I thought it was a pretty cool bass and would prolly last him awhile for what he's doing with it (he's gonna play in a punk band, that's why I liked the PJ pickup config).

So what do you guys think of a PJ Carlo Robelli bass? I thought it was pretty damn good for $159.

2. flipperwhite

flipperwhite

Jul 12, 2001
    usa
    I have never picked one up but they look very nice for an entry level bass,boy they just about give those things away dont they?$150 for a new bass?they must be made of paper.
    :eek:

3. Hey,
    A friend of mine works at Sam Ash. The C.R. is the house brand. I checked one out, I thought it played and sounded pretty good for the price.

Cool move helping out your friend.

4. I too have a Carlo Robelli - a higher end bass(with neck-thru design), but the thing is great - so far. I am an x-drummer gone bassist, so things are still new ...:D