Carlo Robelli

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Mole, Jan 12, 2003.

1. OK, what's the deal with these Carlo Robelli basses... $359.99 for a six-string with active EQ? Sounds too good to be true!

They sell them at Sam Ash, the two customers that reviewed the USB896 seem pretty impressed. God knows where I could find one in the UK, better start searchin' :D

Here's a pic, it don't look too bad!

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Yes, the price is low, yes they appear nice.

But, their built like crap from crappy materials, they feel like crap, and they sound like crap.

Thus, crap.
  3. OK, so they're crap? :D
  4. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I second that! You might find a good one now and then but by and far, they're crap.

Isn't Carlo Robeli just a Sam Ash company, producing this stuff just so Sam Ash can sell cheap crap with a higher profit margin? Or at least something kinda like that?
  5. Yeah, I think so... havn't seen them sold anywhere else!
  6. Their Sammick made. I wouldn't say they are complete crap, but still, they are a step up from a beginner's instrument. I wanted a Jazz guitar, so I bought a 300 carlo robelli and it gets decent sound out of it. I'm mainly a bassist so I dont ask for top-of-the-line guitar gear. Only complaint is the truss rod. What happened there? The thing had a stripped nut when I tried adjusting it? Does anybody know how to adjust a guitar before sticking it on the shelf?:oops: I like high action on guitar anyways, I just cant stand it low on guitar, it makes it feel wierd. Still, I'm not pleased with what the shop did, screw up an OK guitar thats not expensive and expect a beginner who doesnt know what hes doing to buy it. I didn't check the truss rod before I left the shop.:rolleyes: moron... But i was new to "guitar" at the time, but still new construction issues as I was a 3 year old bassist.:D i'd rather be playing a used les paul though. Get me through a rock band AND a jazz band.
  7. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I actually saw a single Carlo Robelli for sale at Manny's in Hollywood today when I stopped by. Not sure if it was a misfit, used or what but it was there with a for-sale take on it.

Still not impressed with their basses, though. There shouldn't be too many problems finding a better bass for the price.
  8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH

C - R - A - P

Did I mention it was crap?
  9. There are other six-strings for $350 and under? Tell me more :D
  10. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    essex.... next question?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

i owned that model in a 5 string. What a pice of sh_t i wanted to try working with a 5 to do metallica type stuff the neck was too narrow the thing buzzed on all strings the active eq was so fake, Their really isint good string spacing dont waist your money. Thats the thing with these basses they make them look really cool but they are pices of junk. It comes down to you get what you pay for
  12. How do u get it to the UK? :D
  13. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I've seen used Ibanez Soundgear 6's for $350 before.

Really, though, I'd just save some pennies to get a bit more cash for a better 6. Hell, I saw a brand new Conklin Groove Tools 7 at Guitar Center in Hollywood for $500, price good through Jan 31st. If only the wife would let me get it... :(
  14. Dean Edge Q6 6-String $559.99

I really like the look of this bass...

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I played a CR fretless at Sam Ash in Manhattan that was pretty nice.

Then again, it's always easier to blame the bass.

;)<------ :D
  16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've got an Ibanez SR-506 for sale in the Classifieds section for $350. Spending your dollars on used gear gets you a lot more for your money.
  17. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    There's always one bound to be a good one in the pile there somewhere ;)
  18. Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    ... which is exactly the same price I sold my 506 for 2 1/2 years ago. Not a great instrument, but certainly easy to play.

Also, I'm sure you could get a Carvin 6 used in that region as well.