1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carlos Zambrano pitches no-hitter

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Sep 14, 2008.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    :eek: What a great achievement for this Cubs pitcher. He and Jon Lester have the only no-hit games for 2008. It's the first Cubs no-hitter since 197something!

I could have been at that game tonight. We were painting the dining room. :bawl:

Carlos gave up one walk - the only thing keeping him from a perfect game. So close!

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Last Cubs no hitter was 1972 by Milt Pappas.
    Carlos walked one and hit one batter.

3. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    good stuff, zambrano is a beast when he wants to be. how did he do at the plate tonight? he is a guy always capable of beating the other team single handedly, as he is solid in the batters box as well as on the mound.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Ah - didn't hear about the hit batter. Guess he was two steps away from the perfect game.

I can't believe I didn't go to this game. This game was supposed to be played in Houston but was displaced to Miller Park, which is five minutes from my apartment. Damn damn damn.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    During a truly remarkable outing he once had more hits by himself than he gave up to the entire opposing team during the course the of game.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I believe he had one hit tonight and scored a run.

7. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    There were three no hitters this year - Lester, Sabathia, and Zambrano. It was criminal to count that bobbled infielder error as a hit in Pittsburgh.

8. Z! Z! Z! Z! Z! Z! Z! This was awesome, especially considering he sucked his last couple of times out and missed a start due to tendinitis. I guess all he needed was a break.

Zambrano and Harden in the playoffs are going to be FILTHY.

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Is Harden going to be healthy enough for it?

Personally, I think that the Brewers have the best 1-2 punch in baseball right now. That said, Sheets has injury concerns (though not nearly the laundry list that Harden has) of his own. Webb and Haren are pretty filthy, too, and those guys never have injury problems (they just suck lately).

10. Harden's been fine, and they've been cautious with him. They just skipped him for a start, and he came back out and dominated. Dusty Baker doesn't work for the Cubs anymore, so there's a very good likelihood that Harden will be fine in the playoffs. And Sheets/CC are probably better, but there's a good chance you'll only see that combination for two more weeks.