1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carl's Jr. Double Six Burger

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Nov 2, 2006.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Anyone every try one of these? I never have but just read about it.

2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    I will not try it!
    A couple years ago, I tried Jack in the Box's TRIPLE Ultimate Cheeseburger. I thought I was going to die!
    This is about the same. It is too much of a good thing - a very good thing!
    :)

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Burgers rock. But you don't want to tank up too much, because there's always a dessert possibility.

4. Oxblood

Oxblood Inactive

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I just went to the Carl's Jr. website and checked it out (since I live on the east coast and they only have them on the west coast :() and that thing looks mammoth. I also seen the Pastrami Burger, mmmmm that looks so good! They need to build a Carl's Jr. in Michigan.

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Here's my reason for asking:

1,520 calories,
    111 g fat
    47 g saturated fat
    2,760 mg sodium

What I would like to know is how do you put 158 grams of fat into one food product? The daily recommended intake of fat is something like 30 grams. That's 5 days worth of fat in one food item!!!!

Throw in an order of fries, a coke and a desert and how many calories are you adding to pot belly?

Pretty gross.

6. Oxblood

Oxblood Inactive

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    185 grams of fat?! God help any one who consumes this burger...

P.S. - I want one! lol

7. I think it's actually only 111 g total fat, of which 47 g are saturated. Still, that's a hell of a lot of fat! :eek:

Man, there's a CJ right down the street from me. Do I take a chance?

8. DING DING DING DING.

We have a winner. This one even beats out the Hardes Monster Thickburger. Good God, this burger satisfies 3/4 of your suggested daily calorie intake.

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    understatement of the week...

10. Oxblood

Oxblood Inactive

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Do it! Weight yourself before you eat one, then weight yourself after. I wonder if you will gain about 5 pounds from one of them suckers.

11. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder encridublee smatr

Nov 22, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Only if it actually weighed 5 pounds.

12. Crap... The CJ by my house doesn't have the late-night drive-up like the one downtown! :(

However, I'm really obsessed with the challenge of choking one of these things down. I'm buying one for lunch tomorrow.

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Or just a glutton, anyway... :)

13. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    You know guys, since January I have dropped 36 lbs. I'm not on a diet, although I have dramatically changed my eating habits and I do have an under active thyroid. I have not been grossly overweight. I have just done some slight mods to my eating. There's no targeted weight. I just want this to be a lifestyle.

That said, and as disgustingly gross as that thing sounds, I think I'd go chug one down with you lads purely for research purposes.

14. Oxblood

Oxblood Inactive

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It's a little thing called sarcasm... :rolleyes:

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Hardee's = East coast Carl's Jr.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I remember the old Hardees Monster Burger. It had a bunch of patties, a bunch of cheese, bacon, shrooms, etc. Man, I only braved it once, and I really felt like crap after I ate it, but it sure was good going down!

17. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    and approx. rdi of
    115% for sodium
    220% saturated fat
    170% fat
    128% protein
    12% fiber
    81% cholesterol
    :(
    they should call this the six feet under burger! i bet it tastes good though......:bag:

18. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    1,420 calories,
    107 grams of fat,
    45 grams of saturated fat,
    2,740 milligrams (mg) of sodium.

Sure it's gross, but I get the feeling it's one awesome tasting heart attack.

19. There's a local (BBQ) place here in town that has a new burger that we are all afraid to try. It is two quarter pound patties with cheese between them, then they batter it and deep fry it!!!!!!! If you don't want that, you can get the 1/3 pound hot dog that is wrapped in bacon, and then covered in chili, cheese, and onions. They aren't trying to win any awards for healthy eating!

20. EunosFD

EunosFD

Jun 7, 2006
    MD
    As Blackbird said Hardee's is the Carl's Jr. of the east coast although without the green burrito option :) Definitely not the healthiest of foods no doubt, but it does look damn good. On a related note you can always go to In-n-Out to really overdo it with a 20x20:

[​IMG]

...or go all out if you're in the general Pittsburgh area at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub:

www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com

The original big burger they do (I think 11lbs?...maybe more)

[​IMG]

...OR...

[​IMG]

The 50lb. Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser for $180!