1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Carpal tunnel surgery advice needed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by salcott, Sep 20, 2017.

1. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    I'm having the left wrist done on 9/28, with stitches coming out 10/9. I have a gig scheduled 11/25 to play what should be pretty easy music with an acoustic country singer. In the experience of those who've been through this, am I being too optimistic regarding recovery time?

2. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    No advice here--just wishing you all the best with your procedure and recovery!

Joshua, BobKay and salcott like this.
  3. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    that really is a question for your orthopedic hand surgeon. I've had 7 surgeries on my fingers and it took 4 to 5 months for me to play melody (banjo, octave mandolin, guitar) after each one (with two taking close to a year each). I'm not sure how long it would take to get strength back on a wrist

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021