Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carpal tunnel syndrome reversed? :P

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by bos_mindwarp, Sep 9, 2005.

1. ok, for 2-3 days now the pinky and finger next to it on my left hand feel numb/tingly, while the rest of the 3 are all fine. Kinda started while I was typing at PC one night.

Anyone has an idea about this one?

2. Chris Coletta

Chris Coletta

May 19, 2000
    Sounds like cubital tunnel syndrome. Here is one of many internet sites that explain the syndrome and what you can do about it.

http://www.e-hand.com/hw/hw007.htm

A vist to a doctor might not be a bad idea.

Best of Luck,

Chris

3. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    After recommendations from one TB'er and my bass teacher, I got "Conquering Carpal Tunnel Sundrome" by Sharon Butler from Amazon. Was probably one of the best $15 I ever spent. I had both tingly fingers (all of them) on the left hand and started working on some exercises. After doing the recommended stretches for a while now, the symptoms have subsided alot. I think it'll be matter of time before it goes away completely.

Highly recommended.

4. And I'll be getting it too. Thanks for that.

5. I went to a lot of doctor's, had mri's, and had surgery recommended. I checked out a new chiropractor, he adjusted my wrists about 6 times and the problem was solved. I do some stretches in the morning for my wrists and go once in awhile to the chiropractor. It worked for me and I hope it does for someone else. Peace. ASG

6. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    I second that, arnold. I have had amazing results from chiropractic treatment. And so have a few other bass players i know. Highly recommended, if you can find a good one.

7. bassphase

bassphase Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2004
    San Francico Bay Area
    You have the symptoms of ulnar nerve compression. I've been sufferring from it too although mine is about 75% better (in 4 months). The ulnar nerve is both a sensory and motor nerve so I've experienced weakness as well as the numb pinkie and ring finger. The compression can be anywhere from the neck, elbow or wrist. I've had nerve conduction tests which seems to indicate wrist and elbow but they are inconclusive about neck problems. My neck x rays show degenerative disks and bone spurs growing into the nerve area. I have an MRI scheduled for next week. Chiropractic was unsuccessful for me. Mine was brought on by overzealous tree pruning. All my doctors seems to believe it will continue to get better on its own but want to see what's going on in a little more clearly with the MRI.

good luck

bob