Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carpet frizzies !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gintaras, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I really thought that searching on talkbass would have brought up many ideas of getting rid of carpet frizzies on the speaker cabinet. Only found one and it did not work (shave it with a disposible razor) maybe I need to try a different one?

Has anyone come up with something??? :help:

2. I just roll it with a lint roller before anything big.

[​IMG]

3. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Carpet frizzies a problem? Get a Dr.Bass cab.
    Rezdog

4. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    They have shavers made specifically for this type of material. We one for a blanket (technically a throw (sp?)).

I suggest looking for one at Bed Bath and Beyond?? I dunno. I'll check on that for you.

5. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
  6. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

i had a LINT EATER. i dont know where it came from , i think it was just part of our house.

I am sure BB & B has them. they cant be more than 5 bucks. worked betterthan anything else i tried , and as good as carefully applied scissors.

7. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    beard trimmer works pretty good.

8. yup, a decent electric dog trimmer or even an electric hair trimmer with a number 2 guard will clean your carpeted cab up nicely. sometimes, depending on the carpet used, no guard will work best. i had a trace cabinet that i did this to and after a good trimming and carpet shampoo job, it honestly looked like new again.

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I had a Peavey 810TX cabinet that I did about the same thing to, and I agree, it looked like a new cab when done.