Carrie Fisher Dead - Future of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fingerguy, Dec 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    With the loss of Carrie Fisher and not knowing how much if any of the next movie was filmed wondering where they will go with that.

Thoughts?

With computers today they can make a person there even if they aren't.

2. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I'm wondering that myself.

Even thought they beat the Empire, Princess Lea was still taking the fight to the First Order.

I saw the Star Wars Costume exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. 5 Stars.

One thing they said was that Princess Amidala came from a time of deplomacy so her ornate gowns were made to command respect. But Lea was a warrior princess so her gowns were simple.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  3. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    @Duuuuuuuuuude
    You are SW Geek. Wear it with pride.

A guy I work with said he read up on it and supposedly the whole thing is already recorded/made.

48thStreetCustom likes this.
  4. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I remember hearing that Episode one only took like 21 days to film all the live action.

5. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Doesn't surprise me. More computers than anything else these days. Besides Luke is a master of his saber. The girl is new to handling the saber. ;-)

6. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    The franchise will not suffer. They introduced the next gen of characters in the last SW movie. Carrie was window dressing. So was Mark Hamil.

7. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Considering a young Fisher and a dead Cushing made appearances in rogue one there shouldn't be any problems.

slobake likes this.
  8. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Mark is there to give her a hand (get it?) with the ways of the force.

9. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa
    Thankfully Carrie had already finished filming her scenes for Episode VIII. After that, I'll be interested to see if they kill off Leia somehow.
    Considering Luke is the last Jedi, I disagree. He will be training Rey in the ways of the Force and she will become the next Jedi (I imagine).