1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carrot News Megathread

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Drucifer, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Yes

80 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. Yes

72 vote(s)
    67.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Drucifer

Drucifer Not currently practicing Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Endorsements: your name could be here, Mr. Sadowsky!
  2. sigterm

sigterm ;) ;) ;), love y'all

Feb 5, 2003
    Atlanta G of A
    Cashiers used to tape gum to their hands to check out family members. Used to work for a very large loss prevention company. Hard to explain why youre the national leader for Wrigley sales.

3. carrot.jpg

4. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

5. If I had a carrot for every time....

I would never do something that dishonest but stores that rely on self check out deserve the loss of revenue IMHO.

6. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I detest that at midnight my closest grocery store closes the 6 self scan machines, and instead has one cashier open with 6 people in line. I can scan and bag my things just as fast as the cashier, as long as the person on oversee of the self scans is there to promptly check IDs and OK/scan any coupons.

gebass6, Stumbo, mikewalker and 3 others like this.
  7. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    mikewalker and BassCliff like this.
  8. Rumbledore

Rumbledore Inactive

Jun 2, 2018
    peninsula
    IMG_0097.JPG

9. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    One of my favorite factoids...

... carrot composition is approximately 90% water.

That's all I got...

mikewalker and DrewinHouston like this.
  10. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    So its mostly orange water and a bit of green leafy stuff ?

Spidey2112, mikewalker and Drucifer like this.
  11. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    I updated the title to reflect the wide variety of information now available on this thread.

12. smells_like_carrots_1109895.jpg

Spectrum, LowRick, TolerancEJ and 5 others like this.
  13. ^ hard to top that one
    HA HA! :roflmao:

5StringBlues likes this.
  14. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    pomegranesis and 5StringBlues like this.
  15. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    From Jeffrey Steingarten, author of "The Man Who Ate Everything." Quote ever so slightly modified...

"Imagine that you are a juicy and attractive carrot. All around you are predators--germs and fungi, bugs and snails, birds and animals--who see you as nothing more than their next meal. You have no house to hide in, no feet for running away, no money with which to buy a gun. It's a real jungle out there, and even the neighboring vegetables covet your place in the sun. What do you do? You pull yourself together and evolve a complex system of chemical warfare.

Additional information from Stone Glasgow:

We routinely tolerate toxic chemicals in the food we eat every day. Even organic fruits and vegetables contain extremely toxic chemicals. For every gram of artificial pesticide residue we consume, we eat over 22 pounds of natural toxins found the vegetables themselves.

As an example, I've prepared a sampling of a carrot's ingredients, other than carbohydrates, fat, water, fiber, and protein, a carrot contains 371 measurable compounds, many of them extremely toxic to humans.

Listed below the ingredients list I have compiled a listing of the chemical properties of these chemicals. You'll see that the chemicals in carrots are used as sunscreens, pesticides, tranquilizers, contraceptives, decongestants, refrigerants, preservatives, soap, sedatives, and rat poison. Many are carcinogenic and toxic to the heart and central nervous system.

We are able to ingest carrots and receive a net health benefit because the poisons are found in small amounts. As you can see, carrots are anything but "chemical free."

A carrot contains:
    ALANINE, ACETONE, ACETALDEHYDE, ALPHA LINOLENIC ACID, ALUMINUM, ARSENIC, ASARONE, ALPHA TERPINENE, BORNYL ACETATE, BORON, BROMINE, BUTYRIC ACID, CADMIUM, CAMPHOR, CHOLESTEROL, CHOLINE, CHROMIUM, COBALT, CYSTINE, CYSTEINE, ETHANOL, FORMIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, GLUTAMIC ACID, HYDROGEN CYANIDE, ISOBUTYRIC ACID, ISOPRENE, LAURIC ACID, LEAD, LECITHIN, LITHIUM, LYSINE, MALIC ACID, MERCURY, METHYLAMINE, MYRISTICIN, NICKEL, OXALIC ACID, PHENYLALANINE, PHOSPHORUS, QUERCETIN, SILICON, STEARIC ACID, SULFUR, TARTARIC ACID, TIN, TITANIUM, TRYPTOPHAN, XYLITOL.

BergerHead, Mr_Moo, Iristone and 4 others like this.
  16. LUpton

LUpton Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Probably too old for this sh--
    I didn't carrot all for that post...

17. Bite of carrot.jpg

TolerancEJ, Mr_Moo, pablomago and 2 others like this.
  18. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Blocked! ;)

19. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    What? They're legal in my state!

Bozendoka and DrewinHouston like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021