Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carruthers bass owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by willsellout, Jul 16, 2003.

1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Just wondering what you all thought of his bases, any owners? I tried a search and couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Thanks

Dan

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Are you eyeballing that one on eBay? If so, it is pretty sweet and very reasonably priced. If I didn't have another commitment, I'd probably buy it. Then again, I'll buy anything. :)

3. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Yeah...I have emailed the owner and gotton a little more info. I know there are a lot of people who take their basses to him to be serviced..He has a great rep, I was just wondering if anyone had ever played one of his basses. I am sure if he has the rep he has, his basses are wonderful. I am trying to decide whether to go for the carruthers on ebay or the stambaugh 5'er..decisions decisions

Dan

4. That Stambaugh is a sweet deal! Looks kinda Thompson-ish with that upper horn. I had a Carruthers PJ 4 string in sonic blue with sonic blue block inlays. It was a very well-built and nice-playing bass. But for the money, that Stammie is where I'd go.

5. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Looks very much like a carl-type bass..I love the way it looks. I know for a fact that stambaughs are great players..it will probably go for more than I can afford though. I am keeping a close tab on it..Thanks for the reply's.

Dan