1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

carry bag for Genz Benz shuttlemax 9.2 ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by road-cat1, Oct 26, 2013.

1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Now that you can no longer purchase the G-B bag for the shuttlemax 9.2, any good suggestions on bags that are not overly big but offer a decent amount of protection? What are YOU using?????

2. halfjackson

halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
  3. I bought a 10 in laptop bag for my Markbass.... I have shuttlemax also and was looking at 13 inch bag.

4. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois

I just received this bag Thursday for $89. It fits my SM 9.2, cables, IEM's, wireless transmitter, tools, the foot controller, and bass strap. I basically replaced my gig bag with the Oddesy. Everything fits very snugly, and neatly.

Very great bag I highly recommend it!

5. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
  6. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    I've been using that Gator bag for over 2 yrs, padding is okay much like the GB bag. I use it 3 to 4 times a week and haven't had any damage to the unit.

7. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Another vote for the gator bag. I had a Shuttle 9.0 for a few years that I carried in one. I sold the Shuttle but still have the bag and now use it for a small mixer.

8. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks for the confirmation on that bag....I guess I will go ahead and order it. Appreciate the input, TB'ers

9. Steve York

Steve York

Dec 11, 2003
    Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    Fodera, Lakland artist.
  10. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I ordered and received the TUKI G-B bag. It is labeled for a shuttlemax 12, but the dimensions are the same. It works GREAT. A little pricier than buying the Gator or WORLD TOUR mixer bags...but it is custom made to fit exactly and has better padding around the unit. With the shipping costs, it ran a bit under $100...but I expect to use it for MANY years. :)

11. David Henry

David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Salem, Oregon
    I just got this World Tour Strong Side Gig Bag 5 from AMS for $30:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-WOR-SS5

Interior dimensions are listed as 17" x 15" x 4.5", but it's closer to 4" in depth so the fit is very close. I put the footswitch with the rubber feet facing the amp side and it fits great.

When carrying upright the knobs on the amp don't touch anything and are well protected. In person the trim color is much closer to maroon than pink.

Attached Files:

1.jpg
      File size:
      148.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2 (1).
      2 (1).jpg
      File size:
      233.3 KB
      Views:
  12. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    That bag looks nice! Thanks for the report.

Looks like a tight fit, I'm thinking the pedal will not fit in there too?

=wr=

13. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
  14. Steve York

Steve York

Dec 11, 2003
    Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    Fodera, Lakland artist.
    I now have the Tuki bag for the Shuttlemax 9.2 or 12.2. I also have a Genz Benz bag. TheTuki bag has better padding. The interior is a little larger than the GB bag. This is good because I had to replace the rubber feet on the amp with 3/4" feet to clear the handles on my Bergantino cabs. This makes for a tight fit in the GB bag but the Tuki bag works well.
    The pedal will fit in the front pocket of the Tuki bag but only diagonally and it's a tight fit. I prefer to carry it separately. It does fit perfectly in he front pocket of the GB bag.
    Over all I prefer the Tuki. Hope this helps!

15. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I use the gator effects bag for my Shuttle 6.2, which I believe is the same dims as the 9.2. Tight fit, and room for the AC cable in the front pocket. Cheapest I've found is around $27 on Ebay. I only need it for a grab and go bag, and, since I haul my own stuff now, no need for overkill protection.

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16108-46/g-multifx-1110

16. MLC_BassPlayer

MLC_BassPlayer Gold Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Apex, NC
    I use a Targus Citygear bag I found at Target for $60. My 9.2, cables and a couple of pedals fit in the middle. All of my other gig related equipment (IEMs, guitar wireless, glasses,etc) fit easily in one of the side sections. Batteries and set lists fit in the other side section.

It's a "all my gig tuff in one bag" approach...