Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carson Daley Show: This thing is an absolute train wreck

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's honestly amazing how bad his jokes are... I swear that his writers make the jokes as bad as humanly possible. Then after telling one of his "Jokes" he pauses for about 5 seconds of dead air, looking like a deer in headlights. But what amazes me is the music he gets... I mean, he had Anthrax unplugged! He's had so many good musical guests... he even gets bad ass house bands. He's had The Presidents of the United States of America, and for the last week he's had Gov. Mule in some form, now "Warren Haynes and Friends" and one of the friends last night, Medeski from Martin, Medeski, and Wood.

But the show is so bad it's funny, you would swear this was his first time on television ever. I mean, his audience is now slightly more demanding than a group of 12 year old girls.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Maybe, but at least he has hot chicks as guests. :smug:

:bag:

3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Basically. Get a better host and writers and you've got yourself an alright show.

4. Yeah, I gotta give the producers credit for booking some pretty good bands.

5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    That's what Jennifer Love Hewitt and Tara Reid
    found out the hard way. :D

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I liked how he said that he likes this job better because he doesn't have to play crappy Britney videos all day. I can understand that!

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    It's the same with the Jimmy Kimmel show (I don't know if that's still on), he got really good bands (by late night variety show standards) but it should have just been bands, no jokes, no skits, no nothing. Just bands.

Too band there can't be another show like Ed Sullivan's or Shindig again.

8. Too bad they can't just change the format to all bands... no Carson. Just have an MC introduce them and they play for 20 minutes. It would be excellent. I could get behind that kind of television.

9. My question: What are you doing up that late on a school night anyway?!

:D

Rock on
    Eric

10. Uh, actually the Ed Sullivan show was also a variety show of sorts (it had several skits during the show) which happened to focus on music and bands.