Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cart for hauling rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NV43345, Oct 27, 2003.

1. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Maybe this should be in Misc, not sure, anyway I am looking for a Cart to push my rig on. I would
    like something that folds up for compact storage
    but has wheels big enough to go over a door threshold. I haul around a 1X15, 2X10 & Head
    and a bag with cables, DI box etc etc.My gig bag
    I put over my shoulder, so If I had a cart I could
    make everything in one trip. anyone have any idea's ?:help:

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

This is what I use for every gig - it's freakin wonderful and it's big enough to make the trip worthwhile. Even handles stairs. Really well made, haven't had any problems.

yeah, and do a search. there's a wealth of info on this topic.

3. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Thanx for the response so far,I am still looking
    for the one I saw at Mars once, before they went
    out of biz. I checked out Lowes,Home Depot,Staples
    & Office Depot so far and have not found anything I like there either.:bag:

4. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I have a Kart-a-Bag 600 and it is a really nice way to haul gear. I think that the Wesco looks great too, and I like the bigger wheels. With the 600 I use a few bungees to keep the gear on laterally, and it helps a lot especially with smaller stuff.

The last time I used it I bungees my whole mini-rig to it and it popped into the hatchback as one unit. It made things super easy. It was a stretch where I had a whole bunch of small gigs in a 2 day span and it made it hassle free.

5. dancinDaveNY

dancinDaveNY

Sep 27, 2001
    Western NY
    I have a Safco Stow-Away hand truck. Google it. It's a lot like the Wesco. It won't carry my rig in one trip but it will in two trips. Then again, I have a pretty big rig, 8 space rack, Edens D210XLT and D115XLT, mic stand, bag for cords, pedals, mic and strings etc. and 2 basses in gig bags. Two trips, not bad.
    <smiles> dD

6. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    A remin kart a bag 800 will take up to 300lbs. I have one and it is great. I nearly bought a cheaper one without the 2nd dolly wheels but am so glad I didn't. recommend 110%. Great guarantee too.

T

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I use the Rock & Roller cart too!! Big tires even work on grass.......one of the best things I ever bought for my bass;)