1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Carved 7/8 Xeuchang Sun master bass (San Francisco)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by PDennis, Feb 7, 2017.

1. PDennis

PDennis

Aug 4, 2005
    Price:
    Strings:
    Located in San Francisco.

The time has finally come for me to sell the beautiful instrument I bought and used for college. It's the highest tier of bass to come out of the Xeuchang Sun shop, made by the shop master and sold to me by Bruce Sexauer of Petaluma for $6800 about 10 years ago. It's a 7/8 size instrument with violin corners and sloping shoulders, giving great access to the upper register. It has a wonderfully balanced and resonant sound throughout all registers, it's been an excellent instrument for me for jazz, classical, Latin, and experimental music. Currently strung with TI Belcanto's.

Also included:
    Padded Mooradian bass bag in good condition.
    The invaluable Gaines bass wheel (with pneumatic tire).
    Adjustable bass stand.
    Bow quiver.
    Two different models of Krivo magnetic bass pickups (one single coil, one humbucking).
    If you want, my box of assorted bass strings!

I also am selling an awesome Carbow Gary Karr bass bow (German frog) for $950, which is a screamin' deal. I'll knock a little more off if you buy bass and bow together. I have a separate post up about this too which you can search for.

I'm posting a few pics from when I first bought the bass, because they show the color and shape of the instrument so well. It's gained some character since then (scuffs and bow marks, which are reflected in the price), so I've also included current pictures. Come by and play it sometime!

infront.jpg behind.jpg head.jpg IMG_20170204_153909.jpg IMG_20170204_153931.jpg IMG_20170204_154223.jpg IMG_20170204_154304.jpg IMG_20170204_154311.jpg IMG_20170204_154321.jpg

Silevesq and Super Iridium like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021