1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carved German Bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by chaurett, Aug 3, 2004.

1. chaurett

chaurett Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Storrs Mansfield
    OK, I really want to sell this bass. I bought it about two years ago as a second bass for 9k. Listed it this winter for 12k (hoping to actually get 9.5 or 10) now I just need to sell it. It's a very good bass but I just don't use it enough to warrant keeping it around. In the interest of full disclosure an old rib crack repair opened up this spring and I have yet to get it repaired. It's not a huge deal but you would probably want to get it taken care of if this will be your everyday bass. So, here's the old add:

Carved 7/8 double bass. Circa 1930's made in Mittanwald, Germany. Previously owned by Dave Holland and used on his album entitled "Jumpin' in". The bass is Round back, healthy top and sides- with out any major trauma cracks or repairs. Huge, dark sound. Appraised in the late 90's for 15k. Contact me at schaurette@hotmail.com

Let me know if you would like further info or pictures. The price is $7000 firm in its current condition. Thanks for the interest.