1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carved German Bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by mccak287, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have a 3/4 size German bass made by Viktor Pawlowski that I'm looking to sell. The label is all in German and says that the bass was made in 1984. It has a 41" string length, 42" body length, 8 1/2" deep ribs, 19" upper bout and 24" lower bout. This bass has nice shape and a round back. It has a clear detailed sound with a nice midrange thump to it. I brought this bass over from Europe in 2005 and after it settled in to the climate has been extremely stable. It was set-up before I brought it over (planed fingerboard, sound post adjustment, bridge refit) and the first winter here the top cracked so I brought it over to Gage where they did a great job on fixing the crack and also added adjusters to the bridge. Since then it hasn't needed much attention at all. This bass really is extremely structurally sound and is put together well. I currently have Thomastik Super-Flexibles on the bass, but had the Hybrids on before and might have a set of Spirocores around somewhere.

Price Drop: $6500. The bass is in Northern New Jersey. Please feel free to ask any questions or PM me and we can meet up if you're in the area. Don't hesitate to let me know your thoughts.

Attached Files:

2. ERMarks

ERMarks

Mar 2, 2009
    Portland, OR
    could you post some pictures? that would be sweet.

3. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just did! Sorry about the delay with that.

4. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Here's a couple more.

Attached Files:

5. ERMarks

ERMarks

Mar 2, 2009
    Portland, OR
    what kind of pick up is that on it? i cant see it clearly.

6. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have an underwood with only the bass side in on there right now.

7. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Bump!

8. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Price Drop!

9. ERMarks

ERMarks

Mar 2, 2009
    Portland, OR
    You have a PM

10. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Still Available...

11. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    New Price: $6100 or make me an offer... I'll listen to anything reasonable

12. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Bump... I'll take $5800 for it. I just put a set of Evah Pirazzi's on and it sounds great.

13. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Update... Just put a new German machined endpin on as well as low tension tailpiece wire. Which was about $300 from Gage. Also, the crack that I mentioned on the top was starting at the f-hole going down, about 4 inches away from the sound post, and has been extremely stable for the last 4 years. The reason I'm looking to sell this bass is because I'm a big guy and the 41" string length is a little bit too short for me. I would be interested in trades (+/- money) as well. This is really a great bass and would make some one happy for years to come... I just wish the strings were a little bit longer.

14. jar240

jar240 Supporting Member

Could you add some pics of the front and side(s) of the scroll?

How far away are you from Bill Merchant's place?

Thanks,
    Chris

15. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey Chris,
    Here are a few more pics. I'm about a half hour or so from Merchant's place and i'm actually in the city a lot.
    Kyle

Attached Files:

16. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Here's one more

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.