1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carved Juzek for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by ethnotime, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ethnotime

ethnotime

Sep 24, 2006
    New York, NY
    It's been quite a debate for myself, but I finally decided to sell my Juzek.

The bass is from 1950. It’s ¾, fully carved, D-neck and has a rounded back; the string length is 41.5”. I used to take the subway with this bass all the time so there is definitely a fair share of nicks and scratches but otherwise this bass is in excellent condition. I just took the bass to Gage for minor seam stuff and they told me that the bass is structurally sound.

How does the bass sound? HUGE. I use gut strings and now it’s got red spirocores and it's so loud. The growl on the bottom strings is really intense and the singing tone of the upper fingerboard is very sweet. I'm primarily a jazz player and this bass worked great for me in the ten years that I’ve owned it.

Comes with a case and the bow quiver.

I'm located in NYC and prefer a local sale.

The bass was appraised by Gage in 2007 at $12,000. I'm asking $10,000.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the bass.
    Thanks for reading.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/ethnotime/1950 Juzek/

2. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    PM sent.