1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carver Amp - PT2400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VtypeV4, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Unfortunaely, the venue which I have worked at for the past 4 years finally closed last Saturday of which i'm somewhat sad about... The Good news is that out of the amp rack, I purchased one of the Carver PT2400 power amplifiers. It was used for driving the little funky 18" subs... I do -long term- plan to put a PA together but for the short term plan to use it for bass guitar (3000w RMS at 4 ohms! -bridged-) Yes it will run at 4 ohms in bridge mode. While its given me no problems or performance issues in a PA system I was wondering does anyone have experience in using one as part of their bass rig? And yes I know its nastily heavy (despite what carver say, suggesting that its not!) but I'll try it and see how many speakers I can destroy! On a more serious note, I want to see if I can maintain a greater dynamic range at higher sound pressure levels and hope not to induce too much power compression... I plan to buy a Trace V-Type pre-amp and use my Nathan East NE-1 with it... Anyones thoughts and opinions, good or bad are welcome,

Cheers, Matt