Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carver Amp - PT2400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VtypeV4, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Unfortunaely, the venue which I have worked at for the past 4 years finally closed last Saturday of which i'm somewhat sad about... The Good news is that out of the amp rack, I purchased one of the Carver PT2400 power amplifiers. It was used for driving the little funky 18" subs... I do -long term- plan to put a PA together but for the short term plan to use it for bass guitar (3000w RMS at 4 ohms! -bridged-) Yes it will run at 4 ohms in bridge mode. While its given me no problems or performance issues in a PA system I was wondering does anyone have experience in using one as part of their bass rig? And yes I know its nastily heavy (despite what carver say, suggesting that its not!) but I'll try it and see how many speakers I can destroy! On a more serious note, I want to see if I can maintain a greater dynamic range at higher sound pressure levels and hope not to induce too much power compression... I plan to buy a Trace V-Type pre-amp and use my Nathan East NE-1 with it... Anyones thoughts and opinions, good or bad are welcome,

Cheers, Matt