Carvin 1-18

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Feb 18, 2002.

1. I have a carvin RL1-18 and I am conseerned with the amount of movenment of this speaker. How much should this move? I am pushing it with 350 wats and it is rated at 600 watts so i dont think that it would be moving to much. But when i hit y lowB it is moving alot. Also do you think a 2-10 SWR or a 4-10 Peavey TVX would be Better to add to this I they would be getting another 350 watts.
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The Carvin 18 has a fairly small magnet for a speaker that size. You can do much better by putting a different driver into that cab.
  3. Well I am going to have to stay put with this for the time being. But changing the driver later down the road isnt entirely out of the question. I am curious as to what drivers would work in well iin this cab. I am not to up on the tuning frequency thing havent graped that concept entirely... how much does the tuning frequency have to do with the driver?
  4. Everything.

5. well ifrom what i have gathered on here I need to make sure the box has a tuning frequency suitable for the speaker... how do i go about finding this out?
  6. Search the AMPS forum for Loudspeaker 101, or search for my user name. I've detailed this several times, and it should be in the older threads.