Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin 1000 amp for Goliath III - 4 ohm..good match?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KlarkKent, Jun 25, 2002.

1. KlarkKent

KlarkKent

Dec 17, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Friends,

Buying my power amp and cab this weekend, looks like I have narrowed it down to the SWR Goliath III - 4 ohm. Is the Carvin 1000 Watt power amp a good match for it? You know plenty of headroom, blah, blah, blah....the SWR is rated at 700 max, here are the specs for the carvin.....

1000W bridged 4 ohms, 700W bridged 8 ohms. * Continuous RMS per CH: 8 ohms 225w, 4 ohms 300w, 2 ohms 500w. * Not rated "pulse power" or for a few minutes at 2 ohms like some amps * THD 20-20kHz @ rated 90% output: 0.1%, 50% ouput 0.03%. * High transparent 45v/us slew rate. Studio quality 100 dB S/N ratio. * INPUTS: 1/4" balanced and female XLR balanced. * OUTPUTS: 5-way binding post, Speakon(tm) and two 1/4". * Switches: limiters, ground lift, paralleling inputs, bridge mode. Recessed level attenuators, clip, signal, protect and power on indicators. * Soft-start, DC SpeakerGuard(tm), thermal and short circuit protection relays. Variable speed fan. Heavy-duty all steel construction. * Dynamic low frequency punch with transparent high-end for uncolored sound. * 2U rackmount 3.5"H x 10"D x 19"W, WT: 25 lbs.

I need your final blessing, oh and by the way.....for those who are thinking ..."not enough power dude", my plan will be buying another power amp when I go with a true subwoofer down the line.

Thanks for those who respond....very cool of you.