Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carvin 210 and 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markG, Sep 10, 2001.

1. markG

markG

May 26, 2000
    I have the Carvin rc210 combo, and I was thinking about getting a 410 cab as an extension. The bi-amp has two extension one for full range speakers and one for lows. What should i plug the 410 into if i get it.

2. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Make sure you follow the Carvin user's manual to the letter. It is very clear on how to connect cabinets. I have the RC210, but bought it with their 1x18 extension cabinet. I'm sure a 4x10 will make for a better sound, but Carvin's 2x10 and 4x10 are a little weak in the bottom octave or so. If you like serious fundamental frequencies (especially if your bass goes down to low B), you would do better getting a 1x15 or 1x18 - or someone else's 4x10.

Since the two cabinets you are considering handle almost the same range, I strongly urge going full-range (i.e., forget about bi-amping). The 2x10 is 4 ohms and the 4x10 (Carvin's) is 8 ohms. I'd recommend simply plugging the 2x10 (internal to the RC210) into the high output and the 4x10 to the low. If you don't bi-amp, it won't matter much anyway.

- Mike