Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin 8x10's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cassanova, Mar 11, 2001.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was just surfing the web and went to Carvins site, and noticed they make an 8x10 speaker enclosure now. I myself am very happy to see this, as I think they make an excellent sounding cabinet. I think Im gonna have to save a few bucks and buy myself one. :)

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    just thought id post a pic of it cos i think its so beautiful.....OH Yes She will be mine!

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I imagine that makes even more of a whoop ass amp than their RL1018 that I have. Carvin seems to have chnged its strategy in the last several years and has gone from being daring and innovative to letting the others players in the market take the risks. Like the piezo equipped basses, IMO

4. Anyone know what the price tag on that 8x10 is? I just tried to go to Carvin's website to see, and it asked me for a username and password! What's up with that?

5. rickbass

It's $700 for the cab, $1200 teamed up with their R1000 head, (a bargain, considering the head sold separately is $650). Since the head is bridged into the cab, you get the full 1000W. It also has the redeye tweeter.

I don't know why you were prompted for the info. Posting on the discussion board is usually the only place that requires that.

6. Nice pics of the 8x10's but my lower back hates it.I'm sure these cabs sound great,however,do they come with a roadie?....ouch...owww...owww...

7. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Has anyone found specs for either of these brutes, like freq. response and SPL and other stuff? I would be interested in these things since the old ampeg 8-10's were so awesome.

Only one problem though.... I would have to buy a truck just to haul the thing around. :)

8. rickbass

I just received their latest catalog yesterday and there is no Frequency in Hz's graph shown as for some other cabs. Nor does the website give any, just verbage. I guess you could get this info from the Tech forum at their discussion board or contact Dr. Sound at Carvin by e-mail.

9. I just called Carvin yesterday to get the specs on the 8x10 cab, and the sales guy didn't know. He said they just finished the prototype and wanted to hurry and get it in the new catalog. The info should be up on their web site in a week or so.

10. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    im a huge fan if Fender Jazz Basses, but i really have to say the new Carvin P series looks like it will give them and others a very good run for their money. Id actually buy one of them, but I refuse to ever buy a bass b4 being able to play it.

11. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida