carvin amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by akajuve400g, Sep 16, 2000.

1. akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    Would it be a better bet to get a carvin r600 head and a RL410T cabinet. Or get the Cyclops 600W 1x15, 2x8 Bass Combo Amp. Considering price, flexability, portabily and anything else you may encounter with these amps.
  2. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Depends on your application. I have not seen Carvin publish any specs on the speaker system in the Cyclops combo you mentioned, so it is impossible to do a comparison unless someone has heard both sets of speakers you've mentioned. The 410 cab and head will probably take up more space than the combo, but each component is lighter. Carvin doesn't even list the impedance of the combo cab, but the 410 is 8 ohms, which means if you drive it mono bridged with the R600, Carvin claims you'll feed it with 500 watts. (I own some Carvin stuff, and I would expect more like 400 watts of *clean* power for all bass frequencies). If the combo speaker is 4 ohms, you'll do a bit better with the latter. Unless someone who already owns both systems posts a reply, I would suggest you might call Carvin and ask the tech people there, but be clear as to what your needs are relative to sound level, frequency response, etc.