Carvin B 1000 Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by countrybass5, Jan 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I was just wondering if you would share your settings with me...such as sub bass 5, bass 5, low mid 7, mid 4, hi mid 6, treble,7, etc.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. I don't know how the EQ controls compare but I have a BX1500. My treble is at +3 (1 o'clock) the rest are at 0 (flat, center of the dial). I am still experimenting with the graphic which is mid-scooped "smile" which I switch in with the footswitch for one particular cheap bass that sounds too "honky" and needs the mids cut.

This is meaningless without knowing the sort of sound you/I are after, bands, setting, etc. but there it is. From your name, you're a little bit country... I'm a little bit rock n roll. And a fair amount of undefinable, self indulgent mishmash.

4. Thanks for your reply. If you are running flat do you just depend on the sound of your bass?

5. svlilioukalani

svlilioukalani Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Seattle, Wa
    I run everything straight up, but occasionally add a bit of bass.

6. With this amp I do, though I do use an effects from time to time to color the sound. I just play for fun these days and have the luxury of multiple amps and several distinctly different sounding basses so I don't need to get every tone out of any one piece of equipment. I like the flexible EQ of the 1500, but I'm happy with the basic flat tone. I add a little treble for a bit of bite. The exception being the graphic, which as it is switchable I use almost as an effect or to compensate for another bass, like my cheap 5 string, while preserving the main EQ for my main bass.

8. Thanks for the info. This amp makes my bass sound really good when it's nearly flat...that says a lot for the bass.

9. That's about how I've been doing it...it sounds good to me that way. Thanks for the reply.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021