Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin B1500 good head for my Aguilar GS212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by him666, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Right now i have a Peavey T-Max which gives just 200 watt (8Ohm). And my Aguilar GS212 is 600 watt (8Ohm). Would i make a step forward if i sell the T-max and buy a Carvin B1500? Because the B1500 gives 700 Watt at 8Ohm and i have the possibility to put another cab on it in the future, because then it will deliver 1250 watt at 4Ohm.

There isn't any Carvin dealer here in Holland, so my question is, does the Carvin head fits good to the Aggie cab?

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I don't see why it wouldn't. I admit, I don't have and haven't played the Aggie, but I own a B1500, and to me it would be a major step up from the T-Max in every respect. Only you, however, can say if the B1500 tone is right for you. If you can find a copy of Bass Player magazine, they did a review of it recently.

3. Ok thanks.
    I might have to consider the Ampeg SVT-6PRO too, because the Ampeg will give 750 watt at 8Ohm. But its a little more expensive and i guess i wouldn't see it on Ebay to often. Is there any other Ampeg amp which will give 600 watts or more at 8 Ohm to my Aggie?