1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin B1500 vs Ampeg vs Eden...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burtonisalive, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Ok, I've been reading a lot of you that are talking about the Carvin B1500 head. The specs on the Carvin are very impressive. I don't know much about them or Eden heads. I am familiar with Ampeg and its tone. I have heard great things about Eden heads. But would like someone to tell me something I cannot read online about this Carvin head adn Eden.

My main influences are Pink Floyd, Rage/Audioslave, Metallica, Green Day, rock that rocks.

I currently play through an Ampeg BA115 with the Geddy Lee sig bass, Epiphone Flying V, and an Ibanez SR-500. I use distortion, delay, wah and flanging effects. I like a nice warm tone, plenty of bottom, mids that cut through and highs that sit right where they should, complimenting the 6-stringer.

Advice, comments?

2. Nico3535

Nico3535

Mar 8, 2006
    Florida
    Well i've played all three companies and my outlook is like so. The Eden is definitely the tone master of the three. With a extensive eq's and a tube pre it has a fabulous tone. I played wt550 i think that’s the model. I've played an old svt tube amp and it had that perfect chunk and growl needed for some good ol rock. I've also played a new svt4 pro and that sounded just as good, not as warm though. The Carvin is something different though. Its a loud monster that delivers a very clean sound. Because of its power it gives you all the headroom you need in order to achieve various tones. When i cranked up the sub bass i was able to pull some really warm fluid tones, tone i never found on the redline series. my question to you is how much power do you need, and how much money do you have??? When these are answered i can give you my opinion on which head is for you. The head for me right now is the Carvin b1500 and threw a avatar kapa pro at 4ohms i can get 1250 of very usable tone out of a heavy yet not enormous rig for the price of a Eden with half the power and a cab of the same stature. I play a lot of fusion a la headhunters and if I could afford it I would go with a Eden wt1200, but since I can’t I’ll go with the Carvin.