1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Carvin B2000 or Eden E410C

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Green Lantern, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Nov 3, 2011
    PA
    I am selling my all tube Mesa Boogie Buster wedge combo amp. The main reason is it's like 100 pounds and too heavy to move around. Not only because of it's weight but the distribution of the weight is not centered. Also with just two 10's it lacks the low end even though it has this killer EV speakers that weigh a ton.

I want something lighter but still to have a full sound. I have narrowed by choice to two setups that both have four 10 cabinets.

1. The Eden E410C. Eden E Series Combos - E410C

I like this amp because it weighs only 68 pounds. Interesting enough it has a four 10 cabinet and amp built into a combo. My son as the smaller E Series amp that has a 15 with tweeter and it sounds good. So I can just imagine this amp with more watts and four 10's sounding even better. It has no pre amp tube though I am not sure how much a difference one would make.

The tweeter is on top of the amp since it is not as tall as the Carvin cabinet. This actually may be a better design?

It also cost about $300 less than the Carvin setup.

2. The Carvin B2000 with their BRX cabinet. The four 10 cabinet weights 76 pounds so it is still managable. The cabinet is similar is length, but the Carvin is 18 deep while the Eden is 24. However the height on the Carvin is 27 and the Eden is 16. Not sure how this will affect things.

I am leaning towards the Carvin since with having a separate head, you can switch to different cabs in the future. Plus it has more pre amp tube that can be turned on or off.

Has anyone actually heard these two amps? It is more likely that I will have to buy it without trying either out, though Carvin has a return policy I am sure the store that sells Eden on line will allow me to try it out the Eden as well.

2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    Carvin is building some pretty good amps these days. Eden has had issues since they were bought out and they were just sold again.

3. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    B2000 and dont look back!! Simple Strait Forward and Loud as Hell!!!

4. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Nov 3, 2011
    PA
    Thats two votes for Carvin so far.:bassist:

I did not know that Eden was sold again. I checked around on google and found that Marshall bought them out. It will be interesting to see what this joint venture creates.

Personally I would love the Boogie Carbine M6 which I have heard, however it cost twice the price of the Carvin B2000. (It also costs $200 more than the Carvin head and Carvin four 10 cabinet combined).

Has anyone ever heard the Carvin B2000 and M6? What is the difference in tone between them?

5. I have a B2000 and love it. The tube in the preamp doesn't do a whole heck of a lot. It's there and has an effect... I wouldn't really say it gets "grindy" but it does make the tone more intense. Again, I love it, but don't expect the tube preamp to be dramatic.

It is stupendously loud. 1300W at 4 Ohms is outrageous for a 14 lb amp. If you're not playing heavy metal, realize that you'll probably never turn the master up past 3 or 4 (depending on where you set the gain). It is approximately 1 kW more power than the Eden. I've never heard the Eden, but I'm not sure how you can compare the two.

It's like comparing apples to NUCLEAR BOMBS