Carvin B4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Norwegianwood, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Ok, I have just come over this bass. I can get it used, and it's an 3 years old Carvin B4.
    It's a frettless, (that's what I've been looking for) and it got unmarked frets. It's metallic blue, and has seymore duncan pickups. (Are thay any good?) Anyway, does any of you got any experience with this bass? I'm looking for a rather cheap fretless....How is it compared to the MIM Jazzbass? I can get the MIM Jazzbass new here for about 100 dollars more that what I have to pay for the Carvin....But I love the fact that the carvin is unmarked...
    Thanks in advance!!
  2. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    I have a Carvin B4F (bolt-on, 4-string, fretless) that I got back in December. I love this thing. People around here may know that I am somewhat biased toward Carvin. Yeah, I've been a big fan for years. Since I bought the B4F, I've played almost nothing else. It's a blast to play. It's my first fretless, so I'm still learning. I love the tone. In my opinion, Carvins will out-jazz a Fender Jazz, sound-wise. But lots of people around here don't care for Carvin's sound. All I can tell you is I am thrilled with this bass.

Me with my B4F during a little jam with a couple friends at my place. (Trying real hard not to look at my fingers. ;) )
  3. With the Duncans and being $100 cheaper, the Carvin easily gets my vote.
  4. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    just bought a b-4 ash body, maple neck, birds eye maple fretboard with passive humbuckers. I LOVE THIS BASS!!!
    :hyper: and i am sure you will to!!!
  5. Armchair Thief

Armchair Thief Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I'd get the Carvin, hands down. 99.9% certain to have better woods and QC from the factory.
  6. Well, it's gotten aother competitor now: The Warwick Nobby meidel. The Warwick is about 100 dollars more expensive... It's gonna be either the carvin or the Warwick, I'll decide this week. I already got a Warwick corvette, and I'm damn satisfied with that one. But I dunno. Just got to try them both, I guess.
    Thanks for the help anyway!
  7. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have a Carvin B5 fretless and really like it. The ebony fingerboard really sounds great, lots of growl and mwah.