Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin B5 5-string with case

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by MoltarRocks, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Folks, I'm selling a Carvin B5.

I bought the bass a few months ago off eBay as a backup, then I found the backup I really wanted (MTD Beast 5) shortly thereafter.

I have too many basses and this one just isn't getting played, so here it is.

I don't know where I fall in the ownership chain.

The bass does have a couple of dings in the body (which are tough to see from a distance), it's a bit worn on the back and the finish is pitting a bit, BUT the neck is perfect and the electronics are fine.

This would make an excellent backup or a first time instrument for someone wanting to try a 5-string.

I'm asking $350 + $30 for shipping anywhere in the US. Canadians and others will cost more.

If you're interested, PM me for more pics.

2. Bump.

I'd hate to put this on eBay... make a reasonable offer and I might just take it before Friday...

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Dang, man, dang. I'm trying to think of how to do this and survive. Nice bass, nice price. Hmm. And I'm in San Diego, not that far from you. I don't suppose you'd be interested in a Dano Longhorn for a partial trade, eh?

4. I have a few more, but some of them are too big to post.

If you want to see them all, give me your e-mail address & I'll send that way

I don't have any mp3s of the bass' sound.

5. and another

6. One more that fits...

7. By the way, I'm not really interested in a trade. I have too many basses at present, so I'm trying to thin the herd.

Maybe we can get together and you can try it out first, if you like.

8. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Has this bass been sold yet?

:^)~

9. Not yet, but I've gotta potential buyer lined up.

I've not had the chance for him to play it yet.

10. Sent you a PM