1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD CARVIN B800 800-Watt Monoblock Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jtlee, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD!

Love this head - the little brother to the monster Carvin B1500 and B2000 head (which I just got). The head is in excellent condition, used only at home/rehearsal. Just had the interior cleaned/sprayed. Everything works perfectly and it's super clean.

SELLING FOR $[DEL]300 shipped[/DEL] $280 shipped in the US. International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote.

B800f.

B800b.

From the Carvin Website:
    "The B800 employs a mono block design and offers the same rich tone generated from discrete Class A preamps. The power amp features an Active or Passive front panel input gain switch, along with Preamp Drive and Master volume controls. Additional front panel controls include Sub Bass, Bass, Low Mid, Mid, Hi Mid, and Treble.

The B800 incorporates a rear panel Direct Out on an XLR (balanced) connector with level control—enabling the unit to patch directly into PA systems or recording equipment. Bassists will also appreciate the effects loop built into the B800 with its front panel switch. And for making certain that they’re in tune with the rest of the band, the B800 includes a Tuner output jack that is independent of the Mute switch. To protect the system’s electronics, the B800 is encased in a rugged housing that is covered with a Duratex scratch resistant, weatherproof, polyurethane coating. Carry handles are mounted on the amp head’s sides.

• Output Power: 300 w @ 8 ohms, 500w @ 4 ohms, 800w @ 2 ohms
    • Discrete Class A input stages
    • Preamp DRIVE and master VOLUME controls
    • Six EQ controls: SUB BASS, BASS, LOW MID, MID, HIGH MID, and TREBLE
    • Active/Passive input gain switch with input CLIP indicator
    • Signal MUTE front panel switch or optional FS22 footswitch
    • EFFECT LOOP front panel bypass switch or optional FS22 footswitch
    • DIRECT OUT balanced XLR with independent LEVEL control, switchable "Pre-Post" and "Ground Lift", DC isolated
    • TUNER output jack independent of MUTE switch
    • Internal OPTO clip-activated power amp limiter with limiter free normal operation
    • High current SPEAKON® connectors and steel 1/4” speaker jack
    • Metal shaft controls with threaded metal bushings mounted directly to front panel
    • All steel chassis
    • High density Baltic Birch plywood cabinet with Duratex™ polyurethane finish
    • Dimensions: 4.25”H x 17.25”W x 12”D

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    bump for the best amp money can buy! IMO.

3. Can't remember offhand--how much does it weigh, about? I know it's not a micro head like the newer BX500, but is it appreciably lighter than the B1500?

4. possible trades?

5. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    The B800 weighs 22 lbs. Here's an old catalog page with the specs:
    http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/images/06-monoblockbassheads.html

Will always look at other heads, basses, accessories, but no more cabs.

6. tocs100

tocs100 Utah Bass of Doom, Metal DJ @ leafpileradio.com

Sep 16, 2007
    Ogden, UT
    Package trade?
    1) Fiesta red Franken-Strat wih 3 passive EMG single-coils (I can email pics--can't get photobucket to work lately). I'll put the local-sale url here with specs & pics:
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=13467866&cat=&lpid=&search=stratocaster
    2) Rane SM26 Line Mixer/Splitter (1 rackspace, 6 1/4" channels)
    You pay shipping and I'll include Aphex Big Bottom D.I., otherwise even trade.

(To anyone else I'd do a similar trade for a nice bass head--just pm an offer.)

7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Snag it, Richard. You know you want it... :smug:

MM

8. You know, I kinda did ... but I went with a new BX500 instead.

Bump for this; it's a great head at a more than fair price, and someone will have a good time with it.

9. these heads are loud damnit, i used to have the brx 2x12 combo never ever needed to run that thing past 3 on the volume level. its crazy. good deal for a nice head that with the right cab can sound very impressive.

10. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

Bump for a great head. I agree. I have one it kicks butt.

11. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I run 2 amps/rigs: 1 w/ effects and 1 clean. Used to run two B800s after selling all my Ampeg SVTs cause the B800s sounded so much better to my ear. Alas, I had to go w/ lightweight rack-mountable amps, but I still have one B800 for random jam sessions where my rigs and pedals aren't needed.

Bumpage for the best bang for the buck amp out there!

12. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    bump to agree with madbassplaya: ... and we are talking about the exact same head :)

13. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    lower price bump

14. Yvarg

Yvarg Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Interested in a trade for a Warwick 5.2 ProFET head?

15. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Appreciate the offer, but set on amps now.

16. Yvarg

Mar 10, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    What about a short scale SX fretless precision plus some cash? It has been upgraded to have an unlined ebony fingerboard.

17. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Thx, but have no need for that one either. Still, I appreciate the offer!

18. Yvarg

Mar 10, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Haha, alright, well that's about all I can offer. Good luck with the sale!

19. Someone buy this great amp............

Free "if I didn't already own 2 B1500's and a BX500" bump

20. WurmATA

WurmATA

Jan 10, 2011
    PM sent with offer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.