1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Carvin B800 amp 800 watts at 2 ohms!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JEDI BASS, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Well, you've heard me singing the praises of Carvin's B series amps all over Talkbass, and I'll continue to do so. They are the best amps I've ever played thru. I've owned Ampeg, Thunderfunk, Genz Benz, Fender, and Peavey, and tried MANY others. You can't beat the Carvin's IMO especially when you consider how affordable they are.

It's popular opinion that Carvin quit making these to increase sells of it's big brother the B1500, probably true. I've owned the 1500 and now run 2 B800s at once w/ a signal splitter and two 4 ohm cabs, one clean and one w/ effects.

If I could rack mount my two B800s, I'd be keeping both of them. But, after recently getting a Shuttle 6.0 in a trade (planned on selling it), I've found that they sound good enough and ARE rack mountable..... so, I've picked up another one and I'm gonna let one B800 go and keep the other as a backup and smaller-gig amp.

PICS TO FOLLOW SOON.

CARVIN'S WORDS:
    The B800 employs a mono block design and offers the same rich tone generated from discrete Class A preamps. The power amp features an Active or Passive front panel input gain switch, along with Preamp Drive and Master volume controls. Additional front panel controls include Sub Bass, Bass, Low Mid, Mid, Hi Mid, and Treble.
    The B800 incorporates a rear panel Direct Out on an XLR (balanced) connector with level control—enabling the unit to patch directly into PA systems or recording equipment. Bassists will also appreciate the effects loop built into the B800 with its front panel switch. And for making certain that they’re in tune with the rest of the band, the B800 includes a Tuner output jack that is independent of the Mute switch.
    To protect the system’s electronics, the B800 is encased in a rugged housing that is covered with a Duratex scratch resistant, weatherproof, polyurethane coating. Carry handles are mounted on the amp head’s sides.
    Output Power
    300 w @ 8 ohms
    500w @ 4 ohms
    800w @ 2 ohms
    • Discrete Class A input stages
    • Preamp DRIVE and master VOLUME controls
    • Six EQ controls: SUB BASS, BASS, LOW MID, MID, HIGH MID, and TREBLE
    • Active/Passive input gain switch with input CLIP indicator
    • Signal MUTE front panel switch or optional FS22 footswitch
    • EFFECT LOOP front panel bypass switch or optional FS22 footswitch
    • DIRECT OUT balanced XLR with independent LEVEL control, switchable "Pre-Post"
    and "Ground Lift", DC isolated
    • TUNER output jack independent of MUTE switch
    • Internal OPTO clip-activated power amp limiter with limiter free normal operation
    • High current SPEAKON® connectors and steel 1/4” speaker jack
    • Metal shaft controls with threaded metal bushings mounted directly to front panel
    • All steel chassis
    • High density Baltic Birch plywood cabinet with Duratex™ polyurethane finish

I HAVE NOT GIGGED THIS AMP AND IT'S BEEN IN A SMOKE-FREE HOME. I'VE PRACTICED THRU IT ABOUT 2-4 HRS A WEEK.

ASKING $340 SHIPPED TO LOWER 48 STATES

2. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    PMs answered

3. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    IMG_2001.

IMG_2002.