1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Carvin B800 FS dead mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Mr. Pickles, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Dead mint Carvin B800 for sale. $350 shipped CONUS. Low hours. Functionally perfect. No issues at all. This is a killer clean ss head that I ran at 2 ohms for a few short gigs (original music, so we had 20 minute sets). Never dropped, or abused in any way.

3250929013_7318ea9b32.

2409174970_915031e266.

The B800 is cleaner and clearer than my AG500. It sounds more hi-fi, as well, with nice top end extension.

500/800 watts at 4/2 ohms. I think it's 250 at 8 ohms. [correction-300!]

No trades, please.

From BP review:
    The new B800 has a competitive feature set that enables bass players to have the power they need for a wide range of performance types. The B800 employs a mono block design and offers the same rich tone generated from discrete Class A preamps. With a surprisingly small footprint, this versatile power amp features an Active or Passive front panel input gain switch, along with Preamp Drive and Master volume controls. Additional front panel controls include Sub Bass, Bass, Low Mid, Mid, Hi Mid, and Treble.

Adding still greater functionality to this new amplifier, the B800 incorporates a rear panel Direct Out on an XLR (balanced) connector with level control—enabling the unit to patch directly into PA systems or recording equipment. Bassists will also appreciate the effects loop built into the B800 with its front panel switch. And for making certain that they’re in tune with the rest of the band, the B800 includes a Tuner output jack that is independent of the Mute switch.

To protect the system’s electronics, the B800 is encased in a rugged housing that is covered with a Duratex™ scratch resistant, weatherproof, polyurethane coating that will maintain its appearance through years of tortuous use. Carry handles are mounted on the amp head’s sides.

Carson Kiesel, President of Carvin Corporation reflected on the company’s new amplifier offering, “The new B800 is a remarkably capable bass amp housed in a compact case that is ready to go at any time. We’re excited about this unit, as it provides bass players the flexibility to mate the unit with a variety of loudspeaker enclosures.”

2. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Crap. I wish I had the money now! This thing will not last long at that price...

3. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Hmmm...maybe I should raise my asking price:p

Nah, give this a good home and I'll be happy.

4. RBASS930

RBASS930 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    That is actually 300 watts at 8 ohms. Bump for a GREAT head!

5. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Well that's about what it's going for in mint condition. But given all the love for its big brother on this forum, you'd think those who don't need the insane amount for power the B1500 puts out would jump at this.

6. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I can hold it for you, Buck, if you'd like.

Sexy Time pic:
    2931643682_02c51d7c9d.

7. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    devil in a red dress bump

8. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    B800 on hold until Friday.

9. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Bump for a killer amp!

10. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I concur.:p

11. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    SOLD!

Buckminster-
    Paypal e-check received. Waiting for payment to clear.
    Thank you!

12. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you Mr. Pickles...

You know there's a sandwich shop chain out in California and Nevada called Mr. Pickles. They have a dancling pickle as their mascot. Kinda peculiar...

http://www.mrpicklesinc.com/

13. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I need a t-shirt! Maybe you could swipe some swag for me:D

I am so using that dancing pickle video in my sixth grade classroom!

14. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I'll see what I can do. There's one across the street from a watering hole I frequent.

15. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Don't do anything illegal;)

16. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not so sure that's a good idea. How are you going to introduce the video? - "Hey kids, check out my dancing pickle."

:bag:

17. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.