Carvin Bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pawn, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    Hello. Im wondering if i should get this amp, i have a GSR-200 and i need to be able to be heard over a drummer. Is this a good amp to get? The picture it has makes it look pretty nice. Here is the discription. We are going to play stuff like Green Day, System of a down, Ramones, ETC.

"200watt 1x12 w/tweeter,3 band pre-q,5 band post EQ,compressor/gate,excellent shape,well taken care of,barely used,never gigged.$200" :bassist:

2. While its not the best amp in the world, I dont believe theres anything that I can think of that would be better at 200 bucks. Someone else may be able to think of something.

Is that all you can spend or can go higher?
  3. Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    I could go to $300 but i would love to save $100.

4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I seriously doubt you could be heard over a drummer with that. Unfortunately, volume, with good tone, just doesn't come that cheap.
  5. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    AFAIK they don't even make a 1-12 combo and never have within recent memory. It's gotta be either a 1-10 or a 1-15.
  6. Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    I went to the carvin website and i saw that to...but i have heard that they made 12" ones the picture the speaker looks smaller than a 15"
  7. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    I think 1991 was the last year a 12" speaker was used in a Carvin bass amp, before the new BRX12 and BRX212 came out.