Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Carvin Bass Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalsmack, Jan 17, 2002.

1. I just got my free Carvin catalog in the mail and was looking through it and saw the RL115. It has one 15 in it and can get up to 600w for just a price of, 289.99. At first i wanted to get the peavey 215TVX but thats way out of my money at 799.99 bucks. So im thinking of Carvin I have heard good and bad stuff about them but im not sure what to do. Has anyone had a carvin bass amp or played on any of them? If so could you tell me if their worth it. Won't blow a speaker with in the first week or anything? Any information will be helpful.

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    The amps are a nice buy, get the R1000 though.

Most of the bad you hear is about their cabs.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

You don't get a top notch cab, BUT, you're not paying top dollar either (like Bergantino, Eden, Epifani, etc). They are good cabs for the price. They are dependable and use Eminence speakers made for Carvin. Their efficiency and their low end performance aren't in the same league as the high end cabs.

If it blew it soon after buying they would take care of you. Many times, they will pick up the shipping for repairs,too, if the product is defective. They will stand behind their gear.

My Carvin amps and cabs have been getting hauled all over for well over a year and they haven't had a single problem.

4. Also no problems here.

I have a R1000 series II, and a V115 cabinet (older series before the RL115). Have had them for over two years without a problem.

5. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I think at $289, your only going to get a 15" speaker cab, no amp. BTW I a/b ed my carvin 2-10 against an Eden, and didn't think it was worth over twice the price I paid. I actually thought the carvin didn't color the tone as much. More accurate reproduction of my bass tone. YMMV