1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin bass cabinets.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 73jbass, Dec 6, 2011.

1. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Getting bored with my current setup,and thought about trying the Carvin BR410-4,and/or the BR810. Anybody use these currently or at least tried them out? Specs look good and the price aint bad either.

2. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    A band of my friends' bassist uses a Carvin 210 and doesn't sound bad. He isn't blown away with it but said it was a decent buy.

3. Used to have a 410. Nothing bad to say about it. Good return policy if you don't care for it.

I wasn't as thrilled with the 210 so I swapped it out for the 410. Local Carvin store made this much easier than shipping.

4. Good to know before ordering: BR series 2/10 and 4/10 are unported and tend to lack bottom end, BRX sries are ported. 8/10 and 1/15 are ported in the BR series.

I use a (BR) 2/10 and 1/15 together and they work well. I don't think I'd be happy with just the 2/10 though...

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    BR810 is the blurriest, most unbalanced sounding cab I've ever owned. Has extreme peaks and valleys throughout its frequency range that aren't fixable with EQ.

It looks good, though... :bag:

6. I can't speak for the BR series but see if you can find an old V210T. I just got one and this this ROCKS! It's loud, it's gotta huge bottom, very portable and sounds fantastic. I was looking for a smaller cab that sounded similar to my Bergantino AE410 and this thing fits the bill almost too well! Not quite as crystal clear as the berg but still amazing. I picked mine up for about $150.

7. pondscum29

pondscum29

Feb 23, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I used to have a BR210 and a BR115, and they didn't do to well with my 5 string. I now have a BRX10.4 and a BRX10.2, and I love that setup - especially running from my Walkabout. You won't be disappointed with the BRX stuff.

8. ric4682

ric4682

Jul 2, 2008
    I have the BRX 210 and it's pretty incredible. It's SOLID and sounds great. Plus it's light. I love it. It's got a very neutral tone and doesn't color or muddy up my sound.

9. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I'd agree with this 100%. Super gig worthy.

10. MyMusic

MyMusic

Jun 1, 2010
    Dover, De
    BRX series cabs are the way to go.

11. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    I have a BRX410 and have pushed the snot out of it, it didn't even flinch. It is an amazing cab or the cost and I've had several bassist use my Carvin BX1500/BRX410 setup and were really amazed how everything sounded.