Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

carvin bass cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cassanova, Sep 4, 2000.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was just curious to know if any of you out there own a Carvin bass cab, and if you do Id like to get your feed back on them. I ex: blown speakers, does it sound distorted, etc.

2. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    I used to own a Carvin 4x10 and a 1x18. They sounded really good. The only problem I had with them was the circut board that buffered the input jack kept melting.
    I bought it as a stack w/ the Pro Bass 500 head in case you're wondering. I kept replacing the jack/circut board assembly, and finally, it held up. I never had that problem again.
    Overall, they were excellent cabs.

3. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    I am using the 600 combo and it kicks ass. But then again it's the only real amp I've ever owned. The first time I used it, it fell over on its face and sent the jack plug into the amp houseing. Carvin sent me a new jack plug free of charge, but I haven't had to use it yet cause it's still working!!!! The placement of the casters wasn't very well designed and that makes it very "FRONT HEAVEY"; Just a little tug on the cord and that baby falls right over. I alerted Carvin to this problem, but doubt if they changed anything. It could be improved by simply moveing the casters forward. Now, once the amps in place, I remove the casters when I play.