carvin bass cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cassanova, Sep 4, 2000.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I was just curious to know if any of you out there own a Carvin bass cab, and if you do Id like to get your feed back on them. I ex: blown speakers, does it sound distorted, etc.
  2. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    I used to own a Carvin 4x10 and a 1x18. They sounded really good. The only problem I had with them was the circut board that buffered the input jack kept melting.
    I bought it as a stack w/ the Pro Bass 500 head in case you're wondering. I kept replacing the jack/circut board assembly, and finally, it held up. I never had that problem again.
    Overall, they were excellent cabs.
  3. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    I am using the 600 combo and it kicks ass. But then again it's the only real amp I've ever owned. The first time I used it, it fell over on its face and sent the jack plug into the amp houseing. Carvin sent me a new jack plug free of charge, but I haven't had to use it yet cause it's still working!!!! The placement of the casters wasn't very well designed and that makes it very "FRONT HEAVEY"; Just a little tug on the cord and that baby falls right over. I alerted Carvin to this problem, but doubt if they changed anything. It could be improved by simply moveing the casters forward. Now, once the amps in place, I remove the casters when I play.